“It’s consistency, not smiles that keep customers coming back.” – Rene Boer
An important part of running a successful business is to have a stable, repeatable system in place to handle communication and ensure follow through. As Crystal Clean continues to grow, it has become more important than ever to stay organized and prevent tasks from “falling through the cracks.” Small problems, left unresolved in a timely manner can become big issues. With this in mind, we have been working hard to develop new systems such as Swept software to manage the flow of information around the office, and out to our clients.
One of my biggest concerns in this transition is keeping everyone engaged and on-board with the changes. Bringing new systems into our process is ineffective without the cooperation of the whole family. To ensure that no one feels ‘left behind’, we are rolling out these changes slowly – beginning with office personnel, team leaders, and trainers. The goal is to ensure everyone has an “expert” standing by to assist and support them with these changes.
One thing that will not change, is the core values of our business. Our commitment to “Family, Client, Company” is stronger than ever, and we are all invested in the success of each.
I look forward to new successes with all of you, and great things to come.
The US government recently approved a new standard for chemical labelling, known as GHS – Globally Harmonized System. This new standard is to be used across the globe, to inform workers of chemical hazards in the workplace.
Please take a moment to review the new symbols below, and look for them on chemical labels in the future.
For more information, please visit the fact sheet below.
Employee of The Month August 2018 Laura Herrera
Our August Employee of the Month is Laura Herrera. Laura was born in Cuba, and immigrated to the USA at just 8 years old. Her parents made many sacrifices to bring her here, and she learned the value of hard work firsthand. After school, Laura worked teaching Spanish classes to elementary schoolers in Colorado and Florida.
Laura has a strong love of family, and working with children. She also enjoys spending time on the beach, reading, and is a confessed chocoholic. Laura said that she feels at home working with so many wonderful people at Crystal Clean.
Thank you for all of your hard work, Laura. We value your generosity and knowledge, and the extra effort that you’ve put forth to support our Crystal Clean Family. We are blessed to have you on our team!
50th Anniversary Celebration!
We are thrilled to share that Barbra is celebrating her 50th wedding anniversary this month! She posted this invitation on our office board, requesting ‘No Gifts, Just Come’!
Please join us in congratulating her on such a wonderful event.
Swept Is Coming!
We are working to implement a new tool for consolidating all of our “family knowledge” into an app on your phone! Swept is a renowned application for janitorial businesses that can put together all of our cleaning specifications, schedules, customer feedback, and communication into a single, easy to use package.
What does this mean for me, you say?
- Send and receive feedback, messages, and photos instantly with our team of supervisors.
- Inform us of any issue with our service, at any time!
- Conduct inspections using a simple checklist on the phone app.
- Send and receive direct messages with our clients, share photos and feedback instantly.
- Receive supply requests from your cleaners through the app, and check them off as they are fulfilled.
- This will enable you to handle small problems in real time, before they become big ones!
Front Line Cleaners
- You will be able to request supplies directly through the app, from the job site.
- A clear list of the job specifications will be available for each location, which will help avoid any confusion about what needs to be done. You can see the actual promised tasks between our Family and the Client.
- Instantly communicate with your supervisors, and share pictures of any issues that you find.
- Leave feedback after each shift, share your comments or feelings about the job!
- Instant translation for over 100 languages! Supervisors can set each account to display the cleaning specifications, translated to any language, instantly.
Current Status: The app is currently rolled out to a small test group of accounts. We will be working with our Clients and Family to expand its usage, while avoiding disruption of our current process.
If you’d like to see what’s available now, please contact your team leader for login details. We can have an invitation sent to your email or phone number, on request.